Friday, July 21, 2006

Do the Watermelon Crawl



This cheeky little hat is headed on its way to California, as soon as I can convince it to stop frolicking with the kitchenware. It is being donated to a breastfeeding awareness campaign, and will be given to a newborn from a low-income family. I hope it brings a smile to someone's face.

I had intended to make another hat, but the watermelon is tired of waiting for its sibling. The Li'l Green Apple hat is having a time of it, mainly because I'm teaching myself to knit continental-style. It seems like a reasonable way to knit for economy of movement. However, I am finding that overcoming over twenty years of muscle memory is... kinda time consuming. I'm getting there, though. I'm sure the apple will find another charity home evenutally.

For those of you who can whip out a hat as quick as a flash, the deadline for this particular campaign is the end of July. You can get the address to mail hats to on the Harlot's site (look in the July 14th entry.)

Started:July 2006
Finished:11 July 2006
Pattern:From the Yarn Harlot's blog. Scroll down to the July 1 entry for instructions.
Yarn:Sugar 'n Cream Cotton in Hot Pink, White, Hot Green, and Sage Green. Caron Cotton Tales in Black. It's a little rougher than I'd like for a baby item, but if experience with my dishcloths holds, it will acquire cushy softness with use.
Notes:My first duplicate stitched item. I'm pretty sure the inside is a mess. I'm also pretty sure the baby won't care.
Needles:I've forgotten already! I think they were Bates aluminum dpns, size 6.

No comments: