Saturday, April 22, 2006

Antidote for a Dreary Day

Let the rain come. I'm working with my own personal bit of sunshine today.

This is the bottom bit of a set of curtains I'm working on for the boys. This is the first set of "real" curtains I've made. By real, I mean lined, backed, with little hooks for the curtains to be drawn and weights at the bottom. What was I thinking? At any rate, the blue fabric matches the border on a fantastic set of dino quilts my sister made for them. Suffice it to say, their bedroom is not dull.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful curtain. The link to the pic didn't work, but is it one continuous piece, or is it pieced? LOVE the colors.

Stacy said...

Thanks, Dave!

It's pieced. Most of the curtain is a tone-on-tone sunshine yellow, but I made those stripes at the bottom. The orange goes all around, sort of like a quilt binding. I'll post a picture of the whole thing when I get it done. Don't hold your breath, though. I'm a slow worker! :)