Friday, February 02, 2007

Red Scarves and Such


My first FO for 2007 is this little number for the Red Scarf Project, sent off in my usual style (i.e. the Very Last Minute) on Monday.

Details, details:
Started:30 Dec 2006
Finished:27 Jan 2007
Pattern:Modified version of Hugs and Kisses found here designed by Helen. I had a bear of a time with the pattern, but once I used it as a guideline instead of a rule, the world became a happy place. I rather like this scarf, and might just make it again. That's high praise from me. I'm usually a one-time-per-pattern gal.
Yarn:Lion Brand Wool-Ease, worsted weight. Color 102 - Ranch Red. A bit under two skeins; each skein contains 3 oz. / 197 yards.
Needles:Bamboo, size 8.


Oh, and also. The big news.


SNOW! Real snow! This is the first time in the last three winters that we've had a real snow. If only it had lasted more than two hours, I'd have been really happy. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm happy anyway.

The kids got to go run around in it. Within five minutes, they had made up "Footprint Hide and Seek", wherein one child covers his eyes and counts. The other runs about, creating a long trail before hiding himself away. When the counter is done, he doesn't look around for his brother. That would ruin the fun. Instead, he follows the footprints to find him. Too funny.

At any rate, they stayed out until the snow turned into freezing rain, and Insufferable Mommy made them come in. It was a good day.

No comments: