Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Boy Meets Snake

Although his brother asked for a quick mouse, Tweedle-doh* opted for a snake knit from itty-bitty cotton yarn. He loved that I was making it, made all the appropriate noises when presented with said snake, and then promptly forgot it exists. I'm trying to decide whether the weeks of it being on the needles (and the accompanying excitement that Mommy was making something just for HIM) is enough to make me want to do it again with the Next Big Thing.

* Yes, my twins call themselves Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-doh (pronounced with a Homer Simpsonesque d'oh!) Don't ask. It's really rather endearing, in a twisted sort of way.

Started:2006
Finished:2 November 2006
Pattern:None.
Yarn:Ball band MIA. 100% cotton, one skein. Red pearl cotton for the tongue, crocheted.
Needles:Old pink aluminums.
Notes:The decreases twisted on his head; not quite sure how that happened. I'll need to test a bit if I ever do it again.
4mm amythest beads for the eyes. The body is stuffed with polyester fiberfill - stuffed as I knit; the only way to go with a snake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snake is just too cool. Kids are funny, huh? Short attention span. Maybe find a fun way to display it to get his attention again, like putting it in the christmas tree, or hanging it on his bed post, something like that. I LOVE my turtle and snail.

Lynn said...

OOOH I LOVE this snake! And you did it w/o a pattern?!? I'm impressed seeing I am non-patterned challenged.

Stacy said...

Thanks! :)