Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sock Wars - Round One

I nominate these socks for the Ugly Duckling category in Sock Wars. I'm allowed - I made them. Shhhh! Don't tell!

With luck, I was able to assassinate the lovely Julie, who loves across the country from me. She's been an amazing sport about these wacky socks, and says she'll wear them on 'Crazy Sock Day' at her school (she's a teacher.) How cool is that?

I just received my second round sock in the mail from Julie. I have no idea if I'll be able to finish them before I'm bumped from the war, but I've met my goal.

Started:22 September 2006
Finished:11 October 2006
Pattern:Yarn Monkey's International Sock of DOOM
Yarn:Cascade Fixation - 98.3% cotton, 1.7% elastic. Each ball is 50g / 186 yards stretched, 100 yards relaxed. Color 9966. One ball per sock, with a bit left over on each.
Needles:Old pink aluminums, size US 5
Notes:The fixation yarn took a bit of getting used to - it's very stretchy, which made figuring out my tension trickier than usual. I'd knit with it again, though, now that I have it down. The socks are nice and stretchy.

No comments: