Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Skein of Cathay...

What would you do with one skein (100 meters, 50 grams) of soft, dark purple cathay? I bought two to make the chemo cap, but just barely made it by with one. Now, I have a single skein of luscious yarn, and NO CLUE what to do with it.

I live in North Carolina, so I really don't need a winter hat. We didn't even get an ice storm last year. So... what do you think? What would YOU do?

My dear husband suggested a willie warmer... but if I don't need a hat, he surely doesn't need that! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, make him the Warmer as a joke, a really BIG one. Then make him a regular one.
Or, make yourself a nice little felted bag to hold a single knitting project. That's always on my list of what-to-do with small amounts.

Stacy said...

I like the way you think, Dave. :P I may just have to surprise the dear for his birthday. *chuckle*

Any felty idea won't work, though - this is a cotton/silk/viscose blend. I am, alas, allergic to all animal fibers. I wish I could play with wool, but breathing normally is rather addictive.